Triniteq now certified to offer Alipay! Use it now through Tyro
Triniteq has recently been certified to offer Alipay, the world's largest payment platform, through Tyro's integrated EFTPOS solution for both WaiterPOS and our new Point of Sale software, PowerEPOS.
The availability of Alipay presents a huge opportunity for Australian hospitality businesses to increase visits and make more profit. According to Tourism Australia, in 2018 1.4M Chinese visitors to Australia spent over $11.7 billion making Chinese visitors Australia's largest inbound market. Through Triniteq’s Tyro integration, you can now offer your overseas customers further payment options and increase overseas spending through the availability of Alipay.
"Look...over there. We can pay by Alipay!"
Alipay & Mobile Payments
Operated by Alibaba Group’s affiliate Ant Financial, Alipay is the world’s leading mobile and online payment platform. According to TechCrunch, Jan 29, 2019, Alipay reached 1 billion active users in China and overseas.
Overseas mobile payments are fueling Chinese tourism according to a 2017 survey conducted by Neilsen. Data from the survey on Chinese Tourists using mobile payments overseas found that:
- 65% of Chinese tourists use mobile payment platforms during their overseas travels (compared to 11% of non-Chinese tourists)
- 99% of Chinese tourists use the Alipay eWallet app on their phone
- 90% of Chinese tourists would consider using Alipay when traveling abroad if Alipay were more widely accepted among foreign merchants
- 90% of Chinese tourists indicated they would increase their spending if Alipay were an accepted payment method.
Tyro & Alipay
Tyro was the first Australian bank to offer a seamless all-in-one solution with Alipay to improve Australian business access to the Chinese visitor market. Tyro is a bank developed for business and the largest EFTPOS provider outside the majors*.
If you're ready to take advantage of this huge opportunity and get integrated with Tyro through either Triniteq's WaiterPOS or PowerEPOS Point of Sale systems, give us a call or drop us a line to get started.
* As per the statistics detailed in Authorised Deposit-taking Institutions Points of Presence June 2018 issued by APRA in October 2018. Excludes EFTPOS providers who are not ADIs.
Need more info? Call us on 1300 784 666 or drop us an email .